I have lately been encouraged to try out RDO as an early adopter and today, I started to set up my sandbox environment. I found one HP Business Machine, lying around in my lab, which I used to hack Asterisk on CentOS.
- Dell PowerEdge R410 (http://www.dell.com/downloads/emea/products/R410_spec_sheet.pdf)
- 32GiB RAM
- 500 GiB HDD (RPM 7.2K)
- 2 x Gigabit NIC (I will and I must add one more later, I don't have a spare Gigabit NIC handy)
- Synology DS213 (iSCSI/NFS)
- CentOS 6.4 (64-bit)
- Try to tune up the Hypervisor Footprint as small as possible. Smaller than an ESXi? :|
- Apple to Apple or Apple to Orange Comparison against vmware. Hope that is fair enough. Shame I am more familiar (and trained and almost almost certified) with vmware than KVM. Sigh..., Sorry, the corporate I used to work does not honor KVM yet. And currently, my projects are being delivered on ESXi Platform which I am freely licensed to use.
The Show has started.
Hacking in progress...